Thursday, 31 December 2015
Interior DesignerWe are freelance interior designer base in Malaysia.
The custom of appropriate and harmonious treatment of home decorating, interior decorations and suitable furniture, seems to have been in a great measure abandoned during the present century, owing perhaps to the indifference of architects of the time to this subsidiary but necessary portion of their work, or perhaps to a desire for economy, which preferred the cheapness of painted and artificially grained pine-wood, with decorative effects produced by wall papers, to the more solid but expensive though less showy wood-panelling, architectural mouldings, well-made panelled doors and chimney pieces, which one finds, down to quite the end of the last century, even in houses of moderate rentals. Furniture therefore became independent and "beginning to account herself an Art, transgressed her limits"... and "grew to the conceit that it could stand by itself, and, as well as its betters, went a way of its own."
Interior Conservatory Finishing
The interiors, handed over from the builder, as it were, in blank, are filled up from the upholsterer's store, the curiosity shop, and the auction room, while a large contribution from the conservatory or the nearest florist gives the finishing touch to a mixture, which characterizes the present taste for furnishing a boudoir or a drawing room.
There is, of course, in very many cases an individuality gained by the "omnium gatherum" of such a mode of furnishing. The cabinet which reminds its owner of a tour in Italy, the quaint stool from Tangier, and the embroidered piano cover from Spain, are to those who travel, pleasant souvenirs; as are also the presents from friends (when they have taste and judgment), the screens and flower-stands, and the photographs, which are reminiscences of the forms and faces separated from us by distance or death. The test of the whole question of such an arrangement of furniture in our living rooms, is the amount of judgment and discretion displayed. Two favorable examples of the present fashion, representing the interior of the Saloon and Drawing Room at Sandringham House, are here reproduced.
How The Gather Inheritance Influenced On The Home Decorations
There is at the present time an ambition on the part of many well-to-do persons to imitate the effect produced in houses of old families where, for generations, valuable and memorable articles of decorative furniture have been accumulated, just as pictures, plate and china have been preserved; and failing the inheritance of such household gods, it is the practice to acquire, or as the modern term goes, "to collect," old furniture of different styles and periods, until the room becomes incongruous and overcrowded, an evidence of the wealth, rather than of the taste, of the owner. As it frequently happens that such collections are made very hastily, and in the brief intervals of a busy commercial or political life, the selections are not the best or most suitable; and where so much is required in a short space of time, it becomes impossible to devote a sufficient sum of money to procure a really valuable specimen of the kind desired; in its place an effective and low priced reproduction of an old pattern (with all the faults inseparable from such conditions) is added to the conglomeration of articles requiring attention, and taking up space.
The limited accommodation of houses built on ground which is too valuable to allow spacious halls and large apartments, makes this want of discretion and judgment the more objectionable. There can be no doubt that want of care and restraint in the selection of furniture, by the purchasing public, affects its character, both as to design and workmanship.
Wednesday, 9 December 2015
1. If your cabinets are painted, remove the paint with a chemical stripper. If your cabinets are stained or varnished, either clean the surface well or remove most of the stain or varnish with a chemical refinisher.
2. Take the doors off your cabinets and remove the handles and hardware. It will be much easier if you lay the doors flat to work on them.
3. Check to see how much damage there is to the cabinets. If there is only minor damage, such as dark stains around the door handles, just clean these areas. Use a synthetic steel wool pad because it won't hurt your fingers or get caught on the wood grain.
4. Dip the pad in paint thinner, mineral spirits, or turpentine, and scrub the stains. Then lightly scrub the whole surface, cleaning and dulling it so the new finish will stick.
5. Once you've cleaned the surface and removed the dark stains, wipe on an oil-based, clear finish such as Minwax. All clear finishes are low-odor and most are available in either glossy or satin finish. Apply several coats for a thicker finish.
6. If you find you need to redo more than just a few stained areas, use a chemical refinisher - a strong solvent cleaner that dissolves and removes part of the old varnish. Ask an expert at your local paint store to suggest a good quality refinisher.
7. When you're using the chemical refinisher, work in small areas, and scrub the finish with a synthetic steel wool pad. The chemical refinisher will remove the finish and even out the color of the wood and stain. Rinse the pad in more refinisher when it gets clogged with dirty finish.
8. The cabinet's surface should be smooth and evenly colored after you've scrubbed the whole surface. If you find it isn't, just wipe the entire cabinet in long, overlapping strokes with clean refinisher and clean steel wool in long, overlapping strokes. Most of the stain color will remain, and the wood will be very smooth.
It's extremely important that you wear protective clothing and make sure that your work area is well-ventilated when you're refinishing your cabinets and doing interior design jobs. And don't forget to follow all safety precautions on the refinishing product labels.
By following the 8 tips above, you're sure to enjoy your newly-refinished, beautiful kitchen cabinets for many years.
Friday, 3 October 2014
MurerDagpleje udgifter, de har brug for en anden bil, og for meget tid væk fra børn er nogle fælles ulemper. Dette er dog den nøjagtige situation, at et hjem baseret virksomhed arbejder med sin største fordel. Hjem baseret virksomheder er stor og kan være yderst rentabel, men uden den nødvendige viden og værktøjer kan du spilder utrolig megen tid og/eller penge som nederlag formålet du startede med, nemlig at tjene penge og har tid til at gøre de ting, Murer, du har lyst til. Denne artikel blev skrevet for at give den gennemsnitlige person som du og jeg en praktisk vejledning til at komme i gang i en home forretning den rigtige måde, og at du sparer spildt tid og penge.
MurerMin erfaring har vist mig, at der er grundlæggende 3 søjler eller principper for en solid home forretning. Søjle 1: Det skal være minimal start gebyr.
MurerEt hjem baseret virksomhed, Murer, som har en høj start pris vil tage længere tid at se en fortjeneste, Murer, og som vi tidligere har sagt, er en af de ting, vi forsøger at skære ned på. Minimal omkostning vil også gøre det hjemme baserede forretning mere målbare til et større beløb til familier eller enkeltpersoner, som kun lige er begyndt. Søjle 2: Det skal være let at opsætte og vedligeholde.
MurerJo mere kompliceret din home-projekt, uanset hvad det er, Murer, desto mere sandsynligt er det, Murer, at du giver op af lutter frustration før du se en fortjeneste. En virksomhed, der er nem at indstille og vedligeholde vil give dig tryghed og en følelse af at have udrettet noget som du udfylder hvert enkelt trin i processen. Lad os se det i øjnene hvis du nød at spilde en masse tid og besvær ved at vedligeholde et hjem baseret virksomhed, som du ikke ville kunne læse denne artikel. Det handler om at frigøre dig for at tilbringe tid med din familie og gør de ting, du elsker, ikke at skabe et andet Europas tugtemester til at udskifte dit job! De to første søjler i et solidt hjem baseret virksomhed er nødvendigt for det tredje forekommer.
MurerSøjle 3: Det skal være et hurtigt investeringsafkast. (ROI) Du kan tænke på sig selv "det er alt for simpelt!" Lad mig sige, at inden for disse 3 søjler der er masser af detaljer at holde alle optaget. Det, du vælger at starte helt skal noget, der interesserer dig og måske endda noget, du allerede har en vis erfaring i at gøre.